The following is a brief synopsis of my career:
- Pupil, then District Public Health Inspector, City of Liverpool, 1971-74
- District, then Senior Environmental Health Officer, R B Kingston upon Thames, 1974-76
- Senior Environmental Health Officer, Lancaster City Council, 1976-78
- Senior Environmental Health Officer, Rochdale Metropolitan District Council, 1978-80;
- Assistant Secretary, Institution of Environmental Health Officers (now Chartered Institute of Environmental health), 1980-88
- Founding Partner in Professional Briefings (training courses, conference administration and environmental and housing consultancy and research) 1988 - 2002
- Advisor and now Visiting Senior Fellow, Robens Centre for Public and Environmental Health, University of Surrey, July 1988 - to date.
- Member of the Health & Housing Group, 1987 to date.
- Visiting Fellow, School of Law, University of Warwick, 2000 to 2004.
- Appointed Senior Research Fellow in the Safe and Healthy Housing Research Unit, School of Law, University of Warwick, July 2004
- 2009 Appointed Associate of the WHO Collaborating Centre for Housing Standards and Health, School of Law, University of Warwick
- Chair of the Pro-Housing Alliance launched in September 2011.
Qualifications obtained are listed in chronological order, below:
- BSc (Hons) Chemistry and Applied Zoology, Lanchester (Coventry) Polytechnic, 1971
- Diploma of the Public Health Inspectors' Education Board, 1974
- Royal Society of Health Diploma in Atmospheric Pollution Control, 1976
- Diploma in Public Administration, University of London, 1981
- Ph.D University of Surrey 2002
- Member of the Royal Institute of Public Health
- Elected Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health 2004
- Elected President of the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health, 2007
- Fellow of the Royal Society for Public Health